Monday, February 8, 2016

Remember, someone in prison is listening to Style too



Thanks Harris Iqbal. Now when I hear Taylor Swift I'll think about what its like listen to her from prison.  I'm sure someone out there heard this just before going in.  Maybe it still plays in their head between memories of loved ones and trying to grasp some unimaginable length of time.  Her songs are about birthdays, passing styles, this album's title is a year.  Can you imagine!?   Her music, like the best pop music, is about escape and freedom-- its about wishing the ecstacy of the present would never end and the inevitability of it ending. 

Listening to this song fucks me up everytime.  I once heard it in a car while rubber necking a motorcycle accident.  That was intense but thanks harris iqbal now it fucks me up in all kinds of new ways.